Mar 7, 2021
Hey ya’ll welcome to this month’s episode of Gettin’ Lit a monthly podcast dedicated to diverse books coming out for the month. Today we’re going to be talking about diverse books coming out in March.
My name is Lalaa and you can find me on Instagram @ThisBlackGirlReads and on today’s show we’ll discuss
The highly, highly anticipated sequel to The Coldest Winter Ever by Sista Souljah, we’ll also talk about a satisfying poetry collection by an amazing spoken word artist, we’ll look at a groundbreaking YA thriller about an Indegious teen, we’ll discuss a memoir that has been on my radar since last year by a World Champion Canadian hurdler, and we’ll take a look at two different books that take us to Afghanistan, Cuba and deal immigration and family. So are you ready to get lit?
Books discussed on this month's show.
1. Fire Keeper’s Daughter by Angeline
2. Black Girl Call Home by Jasmine Mann
3. Sparks Like Stars by Nadia Hashimi
4. Life After Death by Sista Souljah
5. Of Women and Salt by Gabriela Garcia
6. My Mother's Daughter: A Memoir of Struggle and Triumph by Perdita Felicien